Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hey there's free breakfast... yeah but it's quiche!

First day of student teaching was AMAZING!  I absolutely love my mentor teacher!  We immediately bonded over the fact that quiche (weird spelling right?!?!) is awful, no matter how much bacon you put in it.  She is a no nonsense kind of person with a really funny dry sense of humor.  I can tell we're going to get along just fine.  From 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM we sat in a school wide welcome back meeting in the non air conditioned cafeteria.  It was quite long, but Jen, another teacher Cathy, and I played with the games and puzzles the administration left on tables for everyone. So thanks to Spiderman, the Disney Princesses, and Mickey Mouse we made it through the long meeting unscathed.  Later Jen and I set up her classroom.  We hung posters, arranged the desks, made name tags for said desks (28 students and counting... seriously pray for us!), and much much more!

I've never felt so alive and yet my roommates can attest to the fact that I was worn out when I got home tonight.  I can't wait to go back tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day!  Praise God!

Be the change!
Sarah

1 comment: