Sunday, August 21, 2011

Explanation and such!

Hello World!

I've decided that it is time to join the rest of my generation and create a blog.  No, I am not travel to a far off and exotic land, in fact I'm not even leaving Baltimore.  On Monday (tomorrow) I will start student teaching in a 3rd grade classroom in Baltimore County!  (Lets be real, it just might be like an exotic land, you never know with kids!)  That is the exact reason I've decided to create this blog!  I figured why keep all of the gems my students will say to myself, why not share it with the world and all of cyber-land!

I will be student teaching in the fall semester all day once a week (every Wednesday).  In the spring I will begin full-time student teaching, all day everyday (YIKES! Pray for me!).  I am hoping to update this blog after each week of student teaching during the fall and whenever I am not absolutely overloaded with lesson plans, portfolio creating, and general senior year of college events, etc in the spring!

To explain the name of the blog for all of you non El Ed minds, it's based on the children's book series about Amber Brown.  I'm sure you've heard of a few of the books, Amber Brown is not a Crayon, Amber Brown Goes Fourth, etc.

Disclaimer: For the sake of anonymity I will not say what school I was placed at, nor will I use actual names of students, teachers, or faculty I interact with.

I hope ya'll enjoy this year in blogs!  Please pray for me and my future students... we'll need it!

Be the Change!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment